Conducting Payer Proof E/M Chart Audits Webinar/Audio Conference
|Date:||Wednesday, July 11, 2012|
|Time:||12 noon to 1:30 p.m. Central Time|
|Presented by: ||Sean M Weiss, CCP-P, ACS-EM, CPC, CPC-P|
View Printable Brochure
Webinar/Audio Conference FAQs
Conducting "Payer-Proof" E/M Chart Audits
Join Sean M. Weiss, one of the industry’s most sought after consultants for handling payer audits for physician practices and hospitals, via webinar on conducting "payer-proof" E/M chart audits. This webinar won’t be like any other E/M chart auditing session you’ve attended in the past. Sean will give you his insight on what payers are really looking for and what they expect when conducting an audit – all based on his hands-on experience dealing with hundreds of payer audits!
What Will Be Covered:
- The misconceptions surrounding areas such as medical decision making.
- When to use and document time as the controlling factor.
- How to identify aberrancies and outliers within your practice.
- Learn about key physician "bell-curve" data that government auditors use to select their targets.
- Improve documentation for the history, exam and medical decision making - don't let failure to document one of these elements force you to report a low-level code when a level 4 or 5 was truly warranted.
- Learn important differences between the 1995 and 1997 documentation guidelines, and how each can work for you.
- Find out when separate billing of a visit is warranted
in the same encounter as a procedure or a preventive service, and what "distinct and separate" truly means.
About the Presenter
Sean M. Weiss, CCP-P, ACS-EM, CPC, CPC-P serves as Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer of DecisionHealth Professional Services. With more than 15 years in health care, Sean focuses on representing physicians and other health care organizations at hearings that have been targeted by carriers for fraud and/or abuse; or where a request for overpayment refund has been assessed. As a management consultant, certified auditor, and nationally recognized speaker, Sean has worked with physicians, medical groups, hospitals, and medical management societies to meet the challenge of delivering medical care in a complex marketplace without sacrificing government compliance. Sean is an author or contributing author to multiple model compliance programs (HIPAA, OIG, OSHA, personnel policies and procedures) as well as publications on Medicare, Carrier Appeals Evaluation and Management services, coding and specialty-specific training. Sean is also a contributing author for several medical practice coding, compliance and management periodicals and online discussion groups.