|Instructor:||Pam Joslin, MM, CMC, CMIS, CMOM|
Two 90 minute live webinar sessions on 5/17, 5/24, from 12 PM-1:30 PM Central Time (10 AM Pacific, 1 PM Eastern)
|Fee:|| $199 per person *|
* This Webinar Course is not included as part of the Total Access subscription package.
|Target Audience:||Physicians, coding and billing staff, and compliance officers seeking a detailed overview of the Medicare reimbursement system.|
|Prerequisites:||The content covered in this course assumes a basic to intermediate understanding of Medicare Part B billing principles.|
|Materials: ||Two live, 90-minute webinar sessions held on two consecutive Wednesdays: May 17 and 24, 12 noon to 1:30 p.m. Central Time. Participants receive a digital course manual. To ensure access to webinar log in details, set email@example.com as a Safe Sender in your email server.|
|| PMI certified professionals will earn 3 CEUs. A certificate is sent via email upon completion of the course.|
Recorded sessions are available as a Self-paced Webinar Course in the Online Training Center approximately four days after the last recording date. Registrants for this webinar course will receive access to the session recordings and digital course manual for up to one year.
Get answers to your most pressing Medicare questions. Even if your office does not process Medicare claims, most private insurers model Medicare’s reimbursement and payment system.
Billing errors and denials cost providers millions of dollars each year in lost income and productivity. This course covers the statutory obligations, rights, roles and responsibilities when billing Medicare claims. The information in this course will lead to fewer denials and more accurate, compliant claims.
- Medicare Correct Coding Policy for use of comprehensive and mutually-exclusive codes
- RBRVS and your Medicare fee schedule
- How to get a list of all non-covered services
- Advance Beneficiary Notice guidelines
- What "assignment” means under Medicare law
- Medicare as primary or secondary payer
- The dangers of fragmenting, bundling and unbundling
- Preventive vs. problem-oriented services
- Differences between PAR, non-PAR and opting out of Medicare
- Caring for the indigent Medicare patient
- Improve understanding of audit triggers
- Stark laws and the dangers of courtesy discounts and kickbacks
- Your rights during a carrier audit
- How to avoid billing for services that are not medically necessary
- Proper documentation for medical necessity
- Uncovering the Medicare appeals process and review
- Your rights in making sure you receive a fair hearing
- The administrative law judge’s role in handling appeals
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Earn 3 PMI CEUs for attendance at this program. Practice Management Institute grants CEUs for its certified professionals based on total number of instructional hours (1 CEU per hour of classroom instruction). CEUs may be applied to annual recertification requirements, as directed in the certification renewal requirements for your credential(s).
If you are seeking CEU credits for other certifications or organizations, please contact your organization for pre-approval and credit guidelines. A certificate of attendance will be provided.