Patient Collections and A/R Management Webinar
|Instructor:||Pam Joslin, MM, CMC, CMIS, CMOM|
Two 90 minute live webinar sessions on 3/22, 3/29, from 12 PM-1:30 PM Central Time (10 AM Pacific, 1 PM Eastern)
|Fee:|| $199 per person|
|Target Audience:||Anyone involved in the reimbursement process will benefit from this course. Office managers and administrators charged with training personnel and monitoring A/R are encouraged to attend.|
|Prerequisites:||The content covered in this course assumes a basic to intermediate understanding of collections and billing principles.|
|Materials:||Two live, 90-minute webinar sessions, Wednesdays, March 22 & 29 from 12 noon to 1:30 p.m. Central Time, and a digital course manual. To ensure access to webinar log in details, set email@example.com as a Safe Sender in your email server. Webinars will be recorded and made available for purchase in a self-paced format on March 31.|
|CEUs:||3 CEUs - Certificate will be emailed upon completion of course.|
This Webinar Course is not included as part of the Total Access subscription package.
All sessions will be recorded and made available as a self-paced webinar course.
If your office is
caught up in a decreasing reimbursement cycle, it’s time for an A/R intervention!
Keep your dollars flowing in the right direction.
5 Reasons to Attend
a process that measures and monitors collections efforts while remaining
your state’s prompt-pay laws to avoid problems and improve success.
a fail-safe process to address payment before the patient arrives, when present
in the office and post visit.
that your collections are handled ethically, efficiently and legally.
to detect and prevent embezzlement and fraudulent activities with end-of-month
walk a fine line between promoting patient satisfaction and enforcing accurate,
timely payment policies. Reinforce your bottom line with this comprehensive
review of effective A/R policies and procedures.
- Review each stage of the revenue cycle and the unique staff roles and processes
- Develop financial policies that provide clear, consistent direction for patients and staff
- Discover obstacles to meeting your goals and how to overcome
- Value of timely invoicing and the impact on your billing cycle
- Dissect each stage of the collections process
- Overview of A/R management and collections
- Steps for obtaining accurate patient information
- Steps to educate patients on payment policies
- Strategies to secure timely payment
- Look at the true cost of statements to your operational budget
- Receive instruction on the legal do’s and don’ts of telephone collections
- Set benchmarks and goals for collections
- Learn how to read an aging report
- Rules and guidelines for extending professional courtesies
- Strategies for handling difficult collections situations
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Earn 3 PMI CEUs for attendance at this program. Practice Management Institute grants CEUs for its certified professionals based on total number of instructional hours (1 CEU per hour of classroom instruction). CEUs may be applied to annual recertification requirements, as directed in the certification renewal requirements for your credential(s).
If you are seeking CEU credits for other certifications or organizations, please contact your organization for pre-approval and credit guidelines. A certificate of attendance will be provided.
About the Presenter
Pam has more than 20 years of medical practice management, coding, reimbursement and compliance experience. She has managed in medical practices ranging from single to multi-specialty groups, including ASC.
She is an advocate of process improvement and maximizing and empowering your employees to bring about the "best practice” results for your organization.
She received her Master’s in Management from University of Phoenix. She maintains memberships in professional organizations to support her continuing cycle of learning in the ever-changing healthcare industry. Prior to joining the PMI Instructor team she was an Adjunct Instructor
and served on three advisory boards at a community college in San Antonio.