Patients that are both satisfied and engaged are most likely
to achieve better outcomes. But satisfied and engaged patients are not the same thing. MACRA’s financial incentives and penalties are associated
with patient engagement and outcomes. This class helps lay the groundwork in
pursuit of better patient care and improved outcomes.
5 Reasons to Attend
1. Your team will learn how to maximize patient satisfaction and engagement to improve outcomes and incentive payments.
2. Involve patients and their families with surveys and clinical engagement methods.
3. Receive tips and tools to measure patient satisfaction and boost quality measures.
4. Create a plan to follow-up and act on negative patient feedback.
5. Learn when and how to discharge patients not following their care plan.
New for 2017: Clinicians can receive partial or full payment credit for care coordination, beneficiary engagement, and patient safety as part of a new performance category introduced this year.
- Learn why team engagement is essential for MACRA
and how the patient experience affects quality measures.
- Define the team’s role in patient satisfaction
and patient engagement as part of the overall patient experience.
- Understand the connection between quality
measures and reporting outcomes.
- Review the impact of Internet-based ratings such
as Physician Compare, HealthGrades, and peer-to-peer measurement websites.
- Patients and caregivers grade their experience
based on feelings, actions and results. Learn how this correlates with
- Make a timeline that includes a patient
experience continuum and improvement goals.
- Discuss a plan for future gains in performance
- Create a patient survey and act on results.
- Establish and enforce patient discharge criteria
Who Should Attend
Managers, clinicians, and office staff are encouraged to
This class is for anyone working with a medical office team
in an outpatient setting.
A course manual is provided. No supplementary materials are
Practice Management Institute® (PMI) teaches physicians and
their staffs how to properly navigate complex healthcare issues and secure
every dollar rightfully due. PMI programs focus on solutions for coding,
reimbursement, compliance and practice productivity. These training programs
have been hosted in leading hospitals, medical societies and colleges across the
U.S. for more than 30 years.