Modifiers for Physician Practices
Who should take this course?
- Physician coding and billing staff
- Physician practice managers
- PMI certification holders fulfilling PMI annual CEU requirements
Modifiers for Physician Practices is a comprehensive CD-ROM based interactive course that reviews all HCPCS Level I CPT modifiers, that are related to the physician practice environment. CPT modifiers in conjunction with CPT codes, when used correctly, allow the provider to more accurately document and report services that were provided. Knowing how modifiers work with CPT codes enables the coder to report many different, and even unusual, events that might occur during a service or procedure, that are not reported just using the code alone. In certain situations, the use of modifiers is required.
The course features in-depth coverage of modifier usage, the do's and don'ts of modifiers, and guidelines on how to support the modifier used (supporting documentation). This course also takes a close look at modifiers that are similar in description, and emphasizes the differences for a better understanding of usage and reporting. The more common HCPCS Level II modifiers are also reviewed - their usage, guidelines, and reporting purposes.
The self-paced nature of the course allows you to work at your own pace. This is also an excellent way to satisfy the continuing education provision of the compliance plan of a physician practice or third party billing firm.
This course has been pre-approved for 6.0 Continuing Education Units from the Practice Management Institute (PMI). So for a reasonable expense, you'll be able to tune up your knowledge and fulfill up to half of your annual CEU requirement!
Here's a sampling of what Modifiers for Physician Practices covers:
- Chapter 1, Section 1 - About Modifiers Related to Physician Practices
- Ch. 1, Section 2 - Modifiers 24, 25, 26 (detail)
- Ch. 1, Section 3 - Modifier 32 (detail)
- Ch. 1, Section 4 - Modifiers 50, 52, 57, 59 (detail)
- Ch. 1, Section 5 - Modifiers 76, 77 (detail)
- Ch. 1, Section 6 - Modifiers 90, 91 (detail)
- Chapter 2 - HCPCS Level II Modifiers
- Post-Test - Final review quiz taken by user at end of course
- Examples, case studies, practice questions, review quiz with immediate audio and visual feedback
To run Modifiers for Physician Practices on your computer, you must have a PC with Microsoft Windows XP or Vista, and a CD-ROM drive. The course is completely self-contained on CD; Internet connection not needed, and nothing gets loaded onto your hard drive.
Discounted price for PMI members: $179 plus S/H and applicable sales tax. (Regular price $239.) ORDER TODAY!
Additional users: For this course, we offer user licenses for additional users sharing the same CD, for $75 each additional user. Must be purchased at the same time as the CD. A great way for significant savings when multiple users can share the same CD.