Optimizing the Patient Experience: A Team Approach
Promote patient engagement and healthy outcomes, and improve your bottom line.
5 Reasons to Attend
1. Create a patient-centric experience that promotes engagement in their own care.
2. Involve patients and their families with surveys and clinical engagement methods.
3. Receive tips and tools to measure patient satisfaction and boost quality measures.
4. Create a plan to follow-up and act on negative patient feedback.
5. Learn when and how to discharge patients not following their care plan.
- Learn why team engagement is essential for MACRA and how the patient experience affects quality measures.
- Define the team’s role in patient satisfaction and patient engagement as part of the overall patient experience.
- Understand the connection between quality measures and reporting outcomes.
- Review the impact of Internet-based ratings such as Physician Compare, HealthGrades, and peer-to-peer measurement websites.
- Patients and caregivers grade their experience based on feelings, actions and results. Learn how this correlates with performance measures.
- Make a timeline that includes a patient experience continuum and improvement goals.
- Discuss a plan for future gains in performance measures.
- Create a patient survey and act on results.
- Establish and enforce patient discharge criteria and procedure.
- Learn practice marketing tactics and strategies for creating and managing a social media presence for your office.
Who Should Attend
Managers, clinicians, and office staff are encouraged to attend.
This class is for anyone working with a medical office team in an outpatient setting.
A course manual is provided. No supplementary materials are required.
Practice Management Institute® (PMI) teaches physicians and their staffs how to properly navigate complex healthcare issues and secure every dollar rightfully due. PMI programs focus on solutions for coding, reimbursement, compliance and practice productivity. These training programs have been hosted in leading hospitals,
societies and colleges across the U.S. for more than 30 years.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
PMI Certified Professionals will earn 3 PMI Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for attendance at this program. If you are seeking CEU credits for other certifications, contact your organization for preapproval and credit guidelines. A certificate of attendance will be provided for attendance at this program.