Medicare and Compliance Changes: 2019: 2019
Two-part live webinar course
Presented by: Lisa Maciejewski-West, CMC, CMIS, CMOM, MCS-P
||Friday, January 11 and January 18 from 12 noon to 1:30 pm. Central Time (10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern)|
|Target Audience:|| This course assumes knowledge of outpatient coding and reimbursement. Providers, medical office professionals, consultants, and compliance officers are encouraged to attend.|
|Prerequisites:|| This is an intermediate-level course. No coding books needed to participate in this class. |
|Materials:|| Participants receive a digital course manual. Recorded sessions are available to registrants in the Online Training Center approximately three days after the last recording date. Registrants will receive access to the session recordings and digital course manual for up to six months.|
||3 CEUs awarded to PMI certified professionals, and a certificate is emailed upon completion of this course.|
|*This Webinar Course is not included as part of the Total Access subscription package. Discount code may be applied.|
Get the facts on the 2019 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule. This course includes information from the final rule released November 1, 2018. Prepare for new non-face-to-face codes for telemedicine. CMS will begin to cover and remote evaluations of pre-recorded patient information and virtual check-ins in 2019.
Review the latest additions to the OIG Work Plan affecting health care providers. The instructor will also explain how the Conversion Factor was impacted by a provision in the Bipartisan Budget Act.
- Important physician reporting and reimbursement updates to the Physician Fee Schedule (PFS) and the Quality Payment Program (QPP) including changes to Merit-based Incentive Payment Systems (MIPS), and Alternative Payment Models (APMs).
- Learn what additional types of providers will have to participate in MIPS in the New Year.
- Exemptions to QPP will be expanded to include a third low volume threshold with the ability for clinicians to opt-in to MIPS if they do not meet all three exemptions.
- CMS implements wholesale acquisition cost-based payment for some Part B drugs to lower costs and improve quality of care.
- 2019 is the first in a 4-year phase in of new supply and equipment prices not updated since 2004-2005.
- Shifts in Practice Expense RVUs for some codes will be inevitable.
- CMS will relax documentation standards for Evaluation and Management (E/M) services in 2019.
- Review the latest additions to the OIG Work plan affecting healthcare providers, including post-op services in the global period, billing for critical care E/M services, and more.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Earn 3 PMI CEUs for attendance at this program. Practice Management Institute grants CEUs for its certified professionals based on total number of instructional hours (1 CEU per hour of classroom instruction). CEUs may be applied to annual recertification requirements, as directed in the certification renewal requirements for your credential(s).
If you are seeking CEU credits for other certifications or organizations, please contact your organization for pre-approval and credit guidelines. A certificate of attendance will be provided.
About the Presenter
Lisa has been involved in the medical billing, management and consulting field since 1982. She has consulted with hundreds of doctors as a practice management coach, and spoken at over 100 seminars throughout the United States, both as a teacher and motivational speaker. Lisa also provides comprehensive practice management consulting, credentialing, compliance and auditing services as part of her award winning company, Gold Star Medical Billing, which provides remote billing services for physicians in small to medium sized individual and group practices.
Lisa holds three PMI certifications and is a board certified Medical Compliance Specialist-Physician. She is PMI’s Director of Business Development for the West Central Texas region, and an adjunct instructor with the Angelo State University Small Business Development Center, where she teaches a variety of business classes to new and prospective business owners.