Transform the Front Desk Staff
|Instructor:||Lisa Maciejewski-West, CMC, CMIS, CMOM, MCS-P|
||Two instructor-led, 90-minute live online training sessions: March 8 and 15, 12 noon to 1:30 p.m. Central (10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern). Set firstname.lastname@example.org as a Safe Sender in your email server to ensure access to login information.|
NOTE: Live session attendance is optional. See the materials section below for more information. Sessions are recorded and available in PMI’s Online Training Center 2-4 days after the last recording date. Registrants receive access to the session recordings and digital course manual for 6 months.
|Online Course Fee:||$199 per person*|
|Target Audience:|| This training is for anyone working in front office/patient relations role|
|Materials:|| Registration includes a digital course manual|
|| PMI certified professionals earn 3 CEUs, emailed with certificate of completion|
*This Online Course is not included as part of the Total Access webinar subscription package.
Turn routine patient relations into outstanding front office communications. This newly updated course will nurture good front line practices: communication, organization, professionalism, problem solving, along with privacy and security awareness. Participants will learn how to handle difficult patients with tact, diplomacy, and grace.
- Complete an individual skill-assessment inventory
- Address difficult personalities with communication and conflict resolution skills
- Explore effective appointment scheduling and decision-making techniques
- Learn how to improve patient engagement with positive communication
- Review sample patient education and payment policies
- Introduction to the medical record
- Review effective insurance verification, billing and collections practices
- Learn strategies to secure co-pays at time of service
- Review patient confidentiality guidelines and HIPAA compliance
- Guided discussion on creating a positive first and last impression
- Improve listening skills and time management
- Understand and distinguish medical ethics and medical etiquette
- Enhance patient collections efforts with sample scripts
- Workplace violence and active shooter response resources
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Earn 3 PMI CEUs for attendance at this program. Practice Management Institute grants CEUs for its certified professionals based on total number of instructional hours (1 CEU per hour of classroom instruction). CEUs may be applied to annual recertification requirements, as directed in the certification renewal requirements for your credential(s).
If you are seeking CEU credits for other certifications or organizations, please contact your organization for pre-approval and credit guidelines. A certificate of attendance will be provided.
About the Presenter
Lisa has been involved in the medical billing, management and consulting field since 1982. In 2006, she founded Gold Star Medical Business Services, an award winning company that provides remote billing services for physicians in small to medium sized individual and group practices. Prior to starting Gold Star Medical, she worked for one of the largest Practice Management consulting firms in the country.
For 10 years, she has consulted with hundreds of doctors as a practice management coach, and spoken at over 100 seminars throughout the United States, both as a teacher and motivational speaker. Lisa also provides comprehensive practice management consulting, credentialing and compliance auditing services.
Lisa holds three PMI certifications and is a board certified MCS-P (Medical Compliance Specialist -Physician). She is PMI’s Director of Business Development for the West Central Texas region. She is also an adjunct instructor with the Angelo State University Small Business Development Center, and teaches a variety of business classes to new and prospective business owners.