Transform the Front Desk 2.0
|Instructor:||GeoJan Wright, CMC, CMIS, CMOM|
||Three 1-hr. sessions: May 9, 16, and 23*|
11:00 a.m. - Noon, Central Time
* Can’t Attend Live? Enroll in the online version of the course.
Multisession webinar courses are not included with Total Access subscription.
|Fee:||$199 per person|
|| PMI certified professionals will earn 3 CEUs. A certificate is sent via email upon completion of the course.|
Turn routine patient relations into outstanding customer service by learning successful habits of high-performing practices. Staff armed with problem-solving skills, awareness of privacy and security, and overall front desk best practices will be more confident, careful, and attuned to good customer service.
Participants in this course will receive new information on implementing patient satisfaction surveys, emphasis on creating great first impressions, and role-playing exercises to address difficult personalities.
- Complete an individual skill-assessment inventory
- Address difficult personalities through communication role-play exercises
- Explore effective appointment scheduling and decision-making techniques
- Learn how to improve patient satisfaction through effective communication
- Review sample patient education and practice policies
- Introduction to the medical record
- Review good insurance verification, billing and collections practices
- Learn strategies to secure co-pays at time of service
- Review patient confidentiality guidelines and HIPAA compliance
- Guided discussion on creating a positive first and last impression
- Improve listening skills and time management
- Understand and distinguish medical ethics and medical etiquette
- Enhance patient collections efforts with sample scripts
Who Should Attend
This class is appropriate for anyone responsible for patient communication, data collection, and scheduling. Beginners and seasoned staff will return to the office with practical tips and new ideas for improving performance.
No prerequisites are required for this class.
Paid registrants will receive a link to the digital course manual prior to the start date of this program. No additional reference books are required.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Earn 3 PMI CEUs for attendance at this program. Practice Management Institute grants CEUs for its certified professionals based on total number of instructional hours (1 CEU per hour of classroom instruction). CEUs may be applied to annual recertification requirements, as directed in the certification renewal requirements for your credential(s).
If you are seeking CEU credits for other certifications or organizations, please contact your organization for pre-approval and credit guidelines. A certificate of attendance will be provided.
About the Presenter
GeoJan has more than 25 years of health care experience in all phases of management, business operations, state and federal regulations. She has worked in billing and collection operations, human resources, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, employee benefit programs, monthly management reports and reconciliations, daily financial activities, scheduling, OSHA regulations, CLIA regulations, radiology and laboratory operations. She has hands-on experience in all phases of insurance, including worker’s compensation and HMOs.
GeoJan has developed programs for physician office training, and founded a local office managers association. She has specialized training in insurance, coding and has worked in collections for two large hospital systems. She has recent experience onboarding physicians and setting up and managing medical practices as the Market Operations Manager. GeoJan’s strong work ethic and organizational and problem-solving skills make her an excellent communicator who believes in fostering teamwork.