CMOM teaches practical administrative skills that lead to improved communication with providers, third-party payers, patients, and business associates. Learn guidelines and examples that will improve decision-making and tactical skills.
Enroll in the CMOM Online Training Course before December 31, get a free webinar every month in 2019 for you and your staff.*
CMOM teaches practical administrative skills that lead to improved communication with providers, third-party payers, patients, and business associates. Learn guidelines and examples that will improve decision-making and tactical skills. Graduates of this program will be better prepared to manage risk, motivate employees and improve the financial outlook in a medical office.
*12 free webinar bonus offer details will be provided after 12/31/18.
MM, CMC, CMIS, CMOM, CMCO, CMCA-E/M, CEMA
Pam has more than 20 years of medical practice management, coding, reimbursement and compliance experience. She has managed in medical practices ranging from single to multi-specialty groups, including ASC. She is an advocate of process improvement and maximizing and empowering your employees to bring about the "best practice" results for your organization. She received her Master's in Management from University of Phoenix. She maintains memberships in professional organizations to support her continuing cycle of learning in the ever-changing healthcare industry. Prior to joining the PMI Instructor team she was an Adjunct Instructor and served on three advisory boards at a community college in San Antonio.
Candidates for CMOM certification should have a minimum of one year of experience working in a medical practice. Those with less than a year of experience should complete PMI’s Management & Leadership for the Medical Practice online course prior to enrollment.
The program includes a physical course manual, workbook exercises, exam review, and the four-hour timed exam, proctored in the candidate’s local community. A passing score of 70 percent or better is required to earn the CMOM certification. No supplementary reference materials are required to complete this program.
Candidates that have another certification through Practice Management Institute can earn 20 CEUs for course completion.
• Review of practice administration roles and responsibilities
• Facility, operational and time management
• Employee relations, laws and guidelines
• Employee handbook and business policies
• Administration of medical records and patient relations
• Labor regulations and reporting requirements
• Terminating the patient/provider relationship
• Creating effective job descriptions, interviewing, and hiring tips
• Team building and managing conflicts
• Handling staff grievances, evaluations and performance issues
• Compensation and benefits packages attract talent and minimize turnover
• Proper maintenance of employee personnel files (e.g. Form I-9)
• Goal setting and conducting effective staff meetings
• Termination procedures and the exit interview
• Budget planning, cost analysis and forecasting
• Examining contracts and fee schedule
• Patient education, verification, and collections procedures
• Financial reporting, calculations, and controls
• Developing and maintaining a budget
• Revenue and cost accounting
• MACRA and the Quality Payment Program
• HIPAA and OSHA compliance
• Implementing the OIG’s recommended compliance program
• Policies and procedures that inhibit fraud/abuse
• Identifying and controlling the risk of medical identity theft
• Legal protections and risk management guidelines
Managed Care Delivery System
• Physician credentialing and privileging
• Contract evaluation and negotiation
• Calculating the right patient-payer mix for your office
• Physician Utilization Committee review process
• Utilization review procedures and the PUC
• HMO, IPA, MSO, PPO definition, purpose and analysis
• Assigning an internal managed care coordinator
• Health insurance exchanges
• Value-based care models and quality metrics
Attend instructor-led classroom sessions, hosted in select hospitals, healthcare organizations, medical societies and colleges across the U.S.
Live Certified Medical Office Manager classroom format includes a full course manual and timed four-hour proctored certification exam. A score of 70% or better is required to earn the CMOM certification. If a passing grade is not achieved on the first attempt, candidates may re-test for an additional fee.
Participate in the Certified Medical Office Manager course remotely with access to a series of ten live 90-minute instructor-led webinar sessions (limited availability). Live session attendance is not required; registered webinar participants can access the recordings online anytime 24-48 hours after the original recording date.
This format also includes a full course manual and timed, four-hour proctored certification exam scheduled by PMI’s Exam Coordinator in a testing center near the candidate’s location. A score of 70% or better is required to earn the CMOM certification. If a passing grade is not achieved on the first attempt, candidates may re-test for an additional fee.
Start the Certified Medical Office Manager online training program anytime with access to ten pre-recorded 90-minute instructor-led sessions.
The Certified Medical Office Manager on-demand format includes a full course manual and timed, four-hour proctored certification exam scheduled by PMI’s Exam Coordinator in a testing center near the candidate’s location. A score of 70% or better is required to earn the CMOM certification. If a passing grade is not achieved on the first attempt, candidates may re-test for an additional fee.
Experienced professionals may choose to challenge the Certified Medical Office Manager certification exam for a $299 fee.
The Certified Medical Office Manager Exam challenge fee includes a basic exam guide and a timed, four-hour proctored exam, scheduled by PMI’s Exam Coordinator in testing centers near the candidate’s location. A score of 70% or better is required to earn the CMOM certification. If a passing grade is not achieved on the first attempt, candidates may re-test for an additional fee.
The Certified Medical Office Manager (CMOM)® program has passed a thorough review process, ensuring that the materials are current and accurate, and testing standards are strictly enforced. Board and faculty members have real-world experience in all aspects of running a successful medical practice. Visit pmiMD.com for more information about PMI’s Advisory Board and Faculty.
“The CMOM certification provides opportunities for managers to gain the same level of understanding and knowledge necessary to perform their jobs and continuously expand knowledge and skills. This was a great opportunity to learn important information necessary to successfully lead their teams; especially from a compliance standpoint, it helped make sure that activities in the office are in compliance with local and federal laws, and to ensure patient safety.
CMOM provides up-to-date information necessary to lead the medical office safely and successfully.”
Director of Operations – Primary Care
Florida Hospital Medical Group
“I get to watch these people develop and grow in confidence and knowledge. You can just see the light bulb moment. No one has ever come out of a CMOM course saying, ‘I didn’t get my money’s worth.’ They’re astonished at all they learned in the course.“
Physician Practice Advocate West
Virginia State Medical Association
“I think that all organizations benefit from having educated leaders. The CMOM course provides information that every manager in the medical field needs to know.“
Supervisor, Health Information Manager
Dallas Diagnostic Association, Plano, TX
Practice Management Institute® (PMI) teaches physicians and their staffs how to run a more productive, profitable and compliant medical office. Each year, thousands of medical office professionals look to PMI as a leading provider of continuing education and credentialing. These training programs have been hosted in leading hospitals, medical societies and colleges across the U.S. for 35 years.
PMI awards certification by exam to accomplished medical office professionals in the competency areas of coding, reimbursement, compliance and management. As of this printing, more than 20,000 people have earned one or more PMI certifications.