This class is designed to help coders work with providers to assess and gather the information needed in documentation to support appropriate code assignments. Class content is relevant for medical office professionals responsible for accurate medical coding and billing in an outpatient healthcare setting.
How do your skills measure up?
1. How effective are you at querying providers to extract complete and correct information from the documentation, i.e: "all of these words have to be in the documentation”?
2. Do you understand 7th character usage and difference between initial and subsequent?
3. Can you identify all the components necessary for the documentation to code to the highest degree of specificity?
4. Have you minimized the use of unspecified codes?
5. Do you know the dangers of missed revenue, denials, and audit risks with punitive consequences?
Coders are the caretakers of complete reimbursement in a value-based era. This class will help coders work with providers to assess and gather the information needed in documentation to support appropriate code assignments.
MM, CMC, CMIS, CMOM, CMCO, CMCA-E/M, CEMA
Pam has more than 20 years of medical practice management, coding, reimbursement and compliance experience. She has managed in medical practices ranging from single to multi-specialty groups, including ASC. She is an advocate of process improvement and maximizing and empowering your employees to bring about the "best practice" results for your organization. She received her Master's in Management from University of Phoenix. She maintains memberships in professional organizations to support her continuing cycle of learning in the ever-changing healthcare industry. Prior to joining the PMI Instructor team she was an Adjunct Instructor and served on three advisory boards at a community college in San Antonio.
This is an intermediate-level class. Content assumes knowledge of outpatient coding and reimbursement. A course manual will be provided. Participants must have access to a current ICD-10-CM code set manual while taking this course.