This two-part, 3-hour course provides 2019 updates for medical office professionals. Get important physician reporting and reimbursement updates: 2019 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule, OIG Work Plan, QPP, MIPS, APMs, and much more.
The 2019 Physician Fee Schedule contains numerous updates for non-face-to-face codes for telemedicine as CMS now covers remote evaluations of pre-recorded patient information and virtual check-ins. This course also covers the latest OIG Work Plan additions that affect healthcare provider offices. Find out if your office is one of the additional types of providers that will be required to participate in MIPS. New pricing updates for supplies and equipment will be covered in this program, and much more.
CMC, CMIS, CMOM, MCS-P
Lisa has been involved in the medical billing, management and consulting field since 1982. In 2006, she founded Gold Star Medical Business Services, an award-winning company that provides remote billing services for physicians in small to medium-sized individual and group practices. Prior to starting Gold Star Medical, she worked for one of the largest Practice Management consulting firms in the country.
Lisa has consulted with hundreds of doctors as a practice management coach and has spoken at hundreds of seminars throughout the United States, both as a teacher and motivational speaker. She is PMI's Director of Business Development for the West Central Texas region, and an adjunct instructor with the Angelo State University Small Business Development Center, and teaches a variety of business classes to new and prospective business owners.
The information in this course will benefit providers, office managers, consultants, and compliance officers, and includes information that can be referenced throughout 2019.
This is an intermediate-level course. This course assumes knowledge of outpatient coding and reimbursement. No coding books needed to participate in this class. Providers, medical office professionals, consultants, and compliance officers are encouraged to attend.
Get the facts on the 2019 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule and review the latest additions to the OIG Work Plan affecting health care providers including important physician reporting and reimbursement updates to the Physician Fee Schedule (PFS) and the Quality Payment Program (QPP) including changes to Merit-based Incentive Payment Systems (MIPS), and Alternative Payment Models (APMs).
· Learn which additional types of providers will have to participate in MIPS in 2019.
· Exemptions to QPP will be expanded to include a third low volume threshold with the ability for clinicians to opt-in to MIPS if they do not meet all three exemptions.
· CMS implements wholesale acquisition cost-based payment for some Part B drugs to lower costs and improve quality of care.
· 2019 is the first in a 4-year phase in of new supply and equipment prices not updated since 2004-2005.
· Shifts in Practice Expense RVUs for some codes will be inevitable.
· CMS will begin to cover and remote evaluations of pre-recorded patient information and virtual check-ins in 2019.
· CMS relaxes documentation standards for Evaluation and Management (E/M) services in 2019.
· Learn how the Conversion Factor was impacted by a provision in the Bipartisan Budget Act. Prepare for new non-face-to-face codes for telemedicine.
· Review the latest additions to the OIG Work plan affecting healthcare providers, including post-op services in the global period, billing for critical care E/M services, and more.
Participants receive a digital course manual. Recorded sessions are available to registrants in the Online Training Center approximately three days after the last recording date. Registrants will receive access to the session recordings and digital course manual for up to six months.