scenarios to improve accuracy and confidence
5 Reasons to Attend
1. Brush up on coding skills to ensure codes are the best match for the documentation provided
2. Diagnose innocent errors due to improper coding
3. Improve confidence when coding unique situations
4. Take the mystery out of modifier usage
5. Get a coding workout with hands-on exercises
Master challenging coding problems in this class designed to
lead participants through advanced case exercises, pointing out errors in
rejected claims and explaining current rules and guidelines for various
scenarios. In-class exercises emphasize level selection based on the highest
degree of specificity. Bring your questions and receive expert guidance on some
of your most challenging coding situations.
- Practice identifying the criteria for code selection that best describes the procedure
- Using guidelines, determine the appropriate order for billing services and procedures
- Review documentation for coding to the highest degree of specificity
- Learn to identify the "why' and "what" of each patient encounter
- Using global and surgical packages for billing
- Review sample medical charts to identify key components of the documentation
- Recognize whether to code an E/M encounter as a consult or referral
- Experience how to identify the proper use of modifiers that complete the "patient story”
Master challenging coding problems with hands-on exercises.
Who Should Attend
This course is relevant for experienced coding and billing
This is an advanced-level course. Content assumes at least a
year of direct coding experience for outpatient services.
What to Bring
Participants must bring current editions of CPT® and ICD-10-CM coding manuals, and a medical dictionary to class.