Improve patient communication, data collection, and compliance. Employee professionalism, attitude, awareness, and accountability can make or break how well your office is perceived by patients and their families.
A well-trained front office gathers accurate information, makes appropriate scheduling decisions, proactively addresses challenging patient behavior, and secures the privacy and security of sensitive patient information.
This information-packed session will address the scope of operations in the medical front office. Participants return to the office armed with problem-solving skills, heightened awareness of privacy and security compliance and better overall management of the front desk.
- Personal skill-assessment inventory review
- Effective patient education of practice policies
- Patient confidentiality and HIPAA compliance
- Listening and time management skills
- How stress affects your voice and demeanor
- Make your voice and personality your best asset
- Turn routine patient relations into outstanding customer service
- How to communicate with angry or abusive patients and a variety of personalities
- Conflict resolution tactics that really work
- Overview of the billing and collections process
- Schedule appointments more efficiently
- How to handle no-shows, short-notice appointments, walk-ins, and excessive wait time
- Medical ethics & medical etiquette
- Good patient relations - the best marketing in town
- Collecting co-pays at the time of service
- Introduction to the medical record
Who Should Attend
This class is appropriate for anyone responsible for patient communication, data collection, and scheduling. Beginners and seasoned staff will return to the office with practical tips and new ideas for improving performance.
This class is appropriate for anyone working in a front office role in a healthcare facility.
What to Bring
A course manual will be provided; no additional reference books are needed. Continuing education credits are awarded for attendance at this program.