PMI Coding Workshop: CPT
Learn current guidelines to improve claim accuracy, reduce denials, audit scrutiny, and help ensure that providers receive correct reimbursement. Participants will receive up-to-date instruction on guidelines that third-party payers expect coders to follow in order to pay claims. The instructor will explain terminology such as fragmenting, bundling, and unbundling of codes.
A current CPT code set manual is recommended to receive the most benefit from the instruction. Participants should have a basic understanding of CPT coding. Hands-on practice exercises will cover a variety of coding scenarios to solidify new knowledge.
- Review instructions for use of CPT codebook, symbols, and valuable resources inside
- Instructions on the CPT procedural coding process
- Correct use of add-on codes
- Expanded guidelines and coding tips
- Review of the anatomy and function of the body systems
- Practice correctly coding operative notes and leave feeling confident
- How to accurately apply modifiers when they are required and understand the impact on reimbursement
- How to report and get paid for unlisted procedures
- Integrate 2018 CPT and HCPCS code changes (new and deleted codes), and guidelines into practice
- Actively practice coding exercises and scenarios in each section (ex. the body systems and modifiers)
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Earn 6 PMI CEUs for attendance at this program. Practice Management Institute grants CEUs for its certified professionals based on total number of instructional hours (1 CEU per hour of classroom instruction). CEUs may be applied to annual recertification requirements, as directed in the certification renewal requirements for your credential(s).
If you are seeking CEU credits for other certifications or organizations, please contact your organization for pre-approval and credit guidelines. A certificate of attendance will be provided.