Management & Leadership for the Medical Practice
Guidance and tools to lead a high-performing team
Leaders set goals and direction, challenge the norm, and seek new ways of working toward goals. Management is the act of getting people together to accomplish desired goals and objectives using resources efficiently and effectively.
For any medical practice to be successful, these two concepts must go hand in hand.
This class is a virtual toolkit for any current or aspiring medical office manager. It is a perfect precursor to the Certified Medical Office Manager (CMOM)® program.
5 Reasons to Attend:
1. This session provides comprehensive guidance and resources to be successful in a leadership role.
2. Participants will learn about the importance of engaging and motivating the team and its effect on retention and job satisfaction.
3. Get guidance on creating a positive practice image through patient satisfaction and employee engagement.
4. Interact with class participants in a role-play communication exercise.
5. Create patient engagement opportunities that will improve performance and quality measures.
Medical Office Compliance
- Understand labor laws and regulations
- Establish ethics and ongoing compliance measures
- Proper structuring and compliance of employee handbook
- Manage day-to-day operational responsibilities
- Improve time management and effective communication skills
- Identify and minimize sources of risk in the office
- Hire, develop and retain the team, and motivate across generations
- Review of wage and salary administration guidelines
- Conduct more effective performance reviews
- Quality control, financial and risk management
- Turn financial forecasting into
- Approaches that will protect positive cash flow
Managed Care Delivery System
- A look at managed care contracts and the patient-payer mix
- Create a great patient experience for higher satisfaction
- Quality performance measures and impact on future Reimbursement
Program manual includes financial management forms, tools and sample letters.
Who Should Attend
This class is ideal for anyone in a team lead role, charge, entry-level supervisor, or those moving up in the team. It is also beneficial for medical office managers looking for a refresher.
Attendees should have some background working in a medical facility with experience as a team lead or moving toward a supervisory role.
A program manual will be supplied. No supplemental materials are required.