If your office is experiencing a decreased reimbursement cycle, it’s time for an A/R management intervention! This program reviews A/R management best practices and compliance. Participants will go through the principles of insurance data collection, eligibility verification, and patient communication, and review payment issues that crush your bottom line.
5 Reason to attend:
- Adopt a process that measures and monitors collections efforts while remaining patient-centered.
- Review prompt-pay laws to avoid problems and improve success.
- Implement a fail-safe process to address payment before the patient arrives, when present in the office and post visit.
- Ensure that your collections are handled ethically, efficiently, and legally.
Billing staff walk a fine line between promoting patient satisfaction and enforcing accurate, timely payment policies. This program will help your office establish policies and processes that support the administration and communication of financial responsibilities.
Who Should Attend
- Review each stage of the revenue cycle and the unique staff roles and processes
- Develop financial policies that provide clear, consistent direction for patients and staff
- Discover how to overcome obstacles and meet goals
- Value of timely billing and the impact on your revenue cycle
- Dissect each stage of the collections process
- Overview of A/R management and collections
- Steps for obtaining accurate patient information
- Steps to educate patients on payment policies
- Strategies to secure timely payment
- Look at the true cost of statements to your operational budget
- Receive instruction on the legal do’s and don’ts of telephone collections
- Set benchmarks and goals for collections
- Learn how to read an aging report
- Rules and guidelines for extending professional courtesies
- Strategies for handling difficult collections situations
Anyone involved in the reimbursement process will benefit from this course. Office managers and administrators charged with training personnel and monitoring A/R are encouraged to attend.Prerequisites
The content covered in this course assumes a basic to intermediate understanding of collections and billing principles.What to Bring
No supplementary materials are required for this course. Bring questions and get answers on how to handle some of your toughest collections issues.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Earn 3 PMI CEUs for attendance at this program. Practice Management Institute grants CEUs for its certified professionals based on total number of instructional hours (1 CEU per hour of classroom instruction). CEUs may be applied to annual recertification requirements, as directed in the certification renewal requirements for your credential(s).
If you are seeking CEU credits for other certifications or organizations, please contact your organization for pre-approval and credit guidelines. A certificate of attendance will be provided.
Not able to attend a live session?
Check out our self-paced version!