Transform the Front Desk Staff - Version 2.0
Transform routine patient relations into outstanding customer service
Newly updated to include:
- Role-playing to address difficult personalities
- Increased emphasis on first impressions
- Importance of patient satisfaction surveys
4 Reasons to Attend
- Staff armed with problem-solving skills, awareness of privacy and security, and overall front desk best practices will be more confident.
- Careful frontline communications improve the office workflow and the overall patient experience.
- Employee professionalism, attitude, awareness, and accountability are important to patients and their families.
- Accurate data collection in initial encounters correlates with improved reimbursement.
High performing medical front offices gather accurate information, make appropriate scheduling decisions, proactively address challenging patient behavior and protect patient privacy.
- Complete an individual skill-assessment inventory
- Address difficult personalities through communication role-play exercises
- Explore effective appointment scheduling techniques
- Learn how to improve patient satisfaction through effective communication
- Review sample patient education and practice policies
- Introduction to the medical record
- Review good insurance verification, billing and collections practices
- Learn strategies to secure co-pays at time of service
- Review patient confidentiality guidelines and HIPAA compliance
- Guided discussion on creating a positive first and last impression
- Improve listening skills and time management
- Understand and distinguish medical ethics and medical etiquette
- Enhance patient collections efforts with sample scripts
Who Should Attend
This class is appropriate for anyone responsible for patient communication, data collection, and scheduling. Beginners and seasoned staff will return to the office with practical tips and new ideas for improving performance.
No prerequisites are required for this class.
What to Bring
A course manual is provided. No additional reference books are required for this training session.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Earn 3 PMI CEUs for attendance at this program. Practice Management Institute grants CEUs for its certified professionals based on total number of instructional hours (1 CEU per hour of classroom instruction). CEUs may be applied to annual recertification requirements, as directed in the certification renewal requirements for your credential(s).
If you are seeking CEU credits for other certifications or organizations, please contact your organization for pre-approval and credit guidelines. A certificate of attendance will be provided.
Not able to attend a live session?
Check out our self-paced version!