E/M Chart Auditing for Physician Services
You can pay a consultant to do it, wait for an audit letter, or take a proactive stance and implement ongoing self-audit procedures.
5 Reasons to Attend
- Ensure that chart documentation supports the
- Improve aptitude for cross-checking and code selection.
- Discover missed revenue opportunities when
auditing charts based on fact.
- Receive professional tips and self-check
forms to help you audit like a pro.
- In an era of increased audit probability, it
is wise to take a proactive stance.
Improve your knowledge of level-of-service audits. New
scrutiny from the OIG, government-contracted and third-party auditors make
practice self-checks more important than ever. Improving audit proficiency
reduces practice risk and promotes accurate claim submission.
- Learn a step-by-step process to implement your
own internal audit program
- Adopt a systematic approach to cross-checking
records so you always know where you stand
- Improve communication with providers and staff
about chart documentation
- Determine whether appropriate levels of service
- Verify appropriate levels of history, exam, and
- Identify how to properly evaluate the nature of
the presenting problem
- Check billing for prolonged services plus other
- Uncover revenue holes and improve the practice’s
- Expert guidance on key components and potential
- Receive professional tips and forms to help you
audit like a pro
Who Should Attend
This course is relevant for providers,
clinical, and practice staff involved in diagnostic and procedural coding.
Consultants and office managers are also encouraged to attend.
This is a basic-level course. Content assumes basic
knowledge of medical charts and coding of claims. What to Bring:
Participants must bring current year CPT® and ICD-10-CM manuals to this class.
Not able to attend a live session?
Check out our self-paced version!
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Earn 3 PMI CEUs for attendance at this program. Practice Management Institute grants CEUs for its certified professionals based on total number of instructional hours (1 CEU per hour of classroom instruction). CEUs may be applied to annual recertification requirements, as directed in the certification renewal requirements for your credential(s).
If you are seeking CEU credits for other certifications or organizations, please contact your organization for pre-approval and credit guidelines. A certificate of attendance will be provided.
Practice Management Institute® (PMI) teaches physicians and
their staff how to properly navigate complex healthcare issues and secure every
dollar rightfully due. PMI programs focus on solutions for coding,
reimbursement, compliance and practice productivity. These training
programs have been hosted in leading hospitals, medical societies and colleges
across the U.S. for more than 30 years.
Practice Management Institute® APS-0715